Camp Sonrise Mountain, part of the Allegheny Region Churches of God, is situated on 120 pristine acres of farmland which was graciously gifted to the Churches of God by the Rodahaver family. The Camp was built in 1965 to serve primarily as a youth camp, retreat and conference center where the Gospel of Jesus Christ is proclaimed. Located about 1.5 hours southeast of Pittsburgh, CSM provides fun, adventurous, and enriching ministries for both youth and adults. We encourage you to visit so you can experience it for yourself!
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired living Word of God.
- We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ our Lord is the Word made flesh – fully God and fully man. We believe he was conceived by the Holy Spirit, was born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, was crucified, died and was buried, rose again on the third day, and ascended into heaven.
- We believe in the divinity of the Holy Spirit, who indwells the believer. The Holy Spirit convicts of sin, enables the believer to live a holy life, comforts, teaches, and bestows spiritual gifts.
- We believe humanity is created in the image of God, has fallen into sin, and can be born again by the Spirit, justified freely by grace, and saved through the atoning work of Jesus
- We believe in the return of Jesus Christ, the resurrection of the body, the final judgment, everlasting life, and the new heavens and new earth.
Even though Camp Sonrise Mountain is surrounded by rolling hills, fertile fields and green forests, we also boast all of the comforts of home including:
- Eight brick and mortar cabins equipped with private hot showers and restrooms, in-floor heating and eight bunk beds.
- Rodahaver Chapel, complete with a sound system, large screen and projector, seats 150 people. Restrooms are conveniently located in the foyer area. The Chapel also has a fellowship area, two classrooms and a wood-burning fireplace on the lower level.
- Spacious dining hall serving delicious, cafeteria-style meals and seats 150.
- Large outdoor pavilion with fireplace, picnic tables and electricity.
- Heated swimming pool.
- Scenic amphitheater with tiered seating, fire pit and electricity.
- Vesper Hill and Sonrise Overlook – perfect for vesper locations or private devotions and prayer time.
- Twelve campfire sites and numerous hiking trails.
Sleeping & Eating
Comfort is the name of the game at Camp Sonrise Mountain! We are a year-round facility offering:
- Eight spacious cabins, each accommodating 16 people, and equipped with two private showers, two restrooms and in-floor heating for the chilly winter months.
- A quaint cottage with two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a common area. Accommodates up to 4 people.
- Towels and linens are not provided.
- Delicious, nutritious meals are served three times a day in the Dining Hall which is centrally located. Meals are served cafeteria-style with a wide variety of food options available.